The ZL402 LS2-based aluminum short block builds on the success of our original ZL402 iron short block. This new package uses the same race- proven internals as its iron block predecessor but features the all- new LS2 block for weight savings of over 100 pounds compared to an LQ4/LQ9-based engine.
Although designed primarily for use in late-model F-Bodies and Corvettes, the aluminum ZL402 also makes a great choice for most late-model GTOs, street rods, muscle cars, and trucks. Best of all, it's sold outright, without core charges.
You won't find a higher quality, better value LS2 stroker short block anywhere!
- Built entirely from brand-new parts.
- Sold outright, no cores required!
- 402 CID displacement
- GM LS2 aluminum 6.0-liter block (includes block plugs)
- 4.000" Eagle 4340 forged steel crankshaft, balanced to rotating assembly
- 4.000" Ross 2618 forged alloy pistons with -28.50cc dish (includes new rings and full-float pins)
- 9:1 compression ratio (nominal; ultimate compression ratio will depend upon heads and gaskets used)
- 6.125" Eagle H-beam rods
- Includes new, factory-installed cam, rod and main bearings.
- Comes with everything required to retrofit into an LS1-equipped car or truck
- Designed for naturally aspirated use.
- Assembled to OEM tolerances and specifications.
- Capable of supporting over 700 hp.
- Oil pump, camshaft, pans, and plates not included.
- ZL402 badges (pair).